Universal Test Machine UTM
Schap’s Universal Test Machine UTM is highly versatile and user programmable. We design and build the machines and write the software.
The Tension and Compression Load Frames are designed to test a wide spectrum of materials including: textiles, leather, metals, plastics, adhesives, and foam. They allow you to create tests to meet your specific needs. A variety of accessories such as test fixtures, clamp jaws and grips are available.
Our base tester is capable of 2,000 lb (~9kN) and a stroke length of 8 in (~200 mm). The standard test area is 24 inches square, and has a perforated base with vent holes to facilitate foam testing.
We have designed and built a variety of static load machines with load capacities up to 200 kip (~900kN) and stroke lengths of up to 8 ft (~2.5 m). If you don’t see what you are looking for just ask. Chances are we have or can make what you need.
Features of our Universal Test Machine UTM:
- Mechanical components are constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Stroke lengths and speed can vary and must be specified at the time of purchase
- Load capacity can vary and must be specified at the time of purchase
- Emergency stop button helps prevent injury or machine damage
- Supply voltages vary and must be specified at time of purchase
- High quality brushless electric motors
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- User programmable test sequences
- Adjustable Data Acquisition rates
- Adjustable Load Ranges
- Built in calibration interface
- Real-time plotting
- Data stored in CSV files with detailed header information