Cold Impact Kapuskasing Style Tester
The Cold Impact Kapuskasing Style Tester is used by General Motors and its suppliers for evaluating overall resistance to topcoat cracking due to impact on finished leather at -30°C. It is a bench top size, manually operated, single sample impact test fixture for use in a cold chamber maintained at -30°C. The combination of the impact head size and the weight used in this test duplicates the cracking observed at low temperature in a pattern of concentric circles exhibited on some finished (topcoated) leather. The indenter rod stop is pre-set on the fixture to assure 100mm drop for developing an impact force of 0.245 ± 0.007 J. The indenter and weight assembly are lifted to the pre-set stop (100mm) and released, allowing the indenter rod assembly to drop onto the specimen.
- Mechanical components are constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Durable Powder Coat and Anodized finishes
- Indentor is 10 mm diameter, 250 ± 2 g, 5.0 mm spherical end
- Three (3) specimen holders
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
|Dimensions||610 x 310 x 310 mm|